[Zope] Apache/Zope Correct?

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Wed Nov 19 21:27:08 EST 2003

Quoting Dylan Reinhardt <zope at dylanreinhardt.com>:
> > (And am I the only one who thinks it is
> > weird to have a specialty web server (presumably for specific
> > functionality) and then ALWAYS proxy it through a different web
> > server?)
>
> It's less weird if you think of Zope as a development platform... that's
> where it excels. As a web server, it's merely adequate.
>
> Zope's built-in web server is good enough for a decent range of
> applications... but since it's just as easy to run best-of-breed
> software in both roles, that's what most people here choose to do.

I don't really think that explanation holds water because you can't
NOT run ZServer after your development is done. You just end up
running a second layer of web server in front of the obligatory
ZServer one. One of the recent emailed links
(http://audible.transient.net/zope/#root) has me more or less
convinced I have to start running my ZServer behind something else for
safety. Annoying but I don't have the Python + security skills to go
after the issue I wish were addressed so am stuck.

--
Cynthia Kiser