[Zope] Zope 2.7 and ZEO

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Nov 20 18:28:04 EST 2003

Tim Terlegård wrote:

>>doh!  I sent an old link.  He rewrote it a couple days ago for
>>2.7... here's the new link....
>>http://my-zope.org/Members/kedai/News_Item.2003-11-15.5611
>>

>Those instructions was a little bit confusing, but I got it starting
>I think. zeo starts just fine when doing "zeoctl start". To run
>Zope I execute runzope and I get lots of messages. Although zope
>seems to run just fine, I can get into ZMI. How can I tell if ZEO
>works? Does ZMI show this somehow?

The Control_Panel in the ZMI will show that your storage is ZEO rather
than FileStorage.

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but it may be under
"Database" if its not in the summary. And I think the name of the ZEO
storage is ClientStorage.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)