[Zope] Authenticating off an external server

Markus Kemmerling kemmerling at gmx.at
Fri Nov 21 01:59:50 EST 2003

At 15:52 20.11.2003 -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
>I'd like to authenticate in Zope off of another external server.  So, say,
>user "bob" with password "secret" logs into Zope -- we then call
>https://otherserver.com/auth?username=bob&password=secret, parse the
>response, and the user is authenticated (or not) based the response.

I did something similar with exUserFolder folder. It contains a https
authentication module, which was easy to adopt. The difficult part however
was https, since the ssl support in the core of python 2.2 regularly
crashed -- at least on the mac I use for development. So I switched to
m2crypto.

Markus Kemmerling