[Zope] checking the date

Philippe Vignaux philippe.vignaux at africamuseum.be
Fri Nov 21 09:29:47 EST 2003

Hi all !

I'm using   Zope page Template    with python scripts.

I have a date in my form and when it is submitted, a python scripts  checks
the consistence of the date as follow :

from DateTime import DateTime

try:

    start_date = DateTime(REQUEST['datnais'],'central europe standard time')

except:

    print 'error'

    return printed

The date is inputed under this format :    YYYY/MM/DD    ex :   2003/02/15

The problem :   the "error" message is always issued   even when dates are
ok   (and whatever the date format).

try:

    start_date = DateTime( REQUEST['datnais'] )

works but only accepts date under format YYYY/DD/MM   as in the US   but I
have to work  as  GMT+1

Thanks in advance for any help.

Our setup:

Windows 2000  server   ServP3