[Zope] Complex class structure

Andre Meyer a.meyer at hccnet.nl
Fri Nov 21 15:11:30 EST 2003

Dear Zopers

Here I have a (silly) question with regard to modelling a rather complex
class structure in Zope (at least with respect to what I found as
examples so far).

For my fs/zpt application I have designed a class model (using UML) of a
music library with some 20 classes (composer, instrument, cast, setting,
etc.). Most examples of Zope that I found use a single content class
(like the address book example that uses one entry class). Now I need to
add instances of my 20+ classes to the application's main class. How
would I do this? Add 20 dictionaries to the main container class? Or put
them all in one? What about ids? Use separate names per class or create
sub-folders? What about cross-links among instances? What about the
_getitem_ method when I have more than one kind of items to list?

I guess this is again a matter of getting used to the Zope philosophy. I
come from languages like Java where I know how t do this, but it seems
to be a bit different in Zope, or not?

thanks a lot in advance
Andre