[Zope] ObjectManager example needed

Paul Howell paul at smoothstone.com
Mon Nov 24 18:48:06 EST 2003

At 07:10 AM 11/24/2003 -0800, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 17:39, Paul Howell wrote:
> > At 02:14 PM 11/23/2003 -0800, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
>
>It's not hard to understand why LAMP became the dominant method of
>creating web apps: it leveraged existing skills and assets.  But Zope
>reflects much of what's been learned about web apps *after* LAMP caught
>on.  You *can* use Zope as a high-octane PHP, but Zope is also capable
>of managing data in new and more interesting ways.
>
>If you're more comfortable with RDBMS/LAMP development, use that.  But
>know that there is also value to breaking that mold.
>
>FWIW,
>
>Dylan

Thanks Dylan, I couldn't agree more.
    In particular, I like using an object-based data approach where there
is a lot of disparate information to gather together about a certain
topic... for example, information related to one customer (past orders,
preferences, personal info other than sensitive types).  Then a simple
template without complex SQL queries can gather all the information at once
from the Customer object for display when that customer is with you on the
telephone (or chat/IRC/whatever).
=Paul