[Zope] Importing from module, security

Rainer Thaden thadi at gmx.de
Tue Nov 25 10:05:54 EST 2003

Hi all,

i have a problem with the import of methods and classes from a self written
module.
Some details:
I have a python class dealing with audiosignals. It loads a file from the
filesystem performs operations on it and stores them in the filesystem. I want
to use the classes in Zope (Plone) so i tried to pack them in a module and
let the security machine know that it is allowed to import the class and the
contained methods.

To make it short: i didn't make it. Eiter i get an unauthorized error on the
module, on the class or on the method inside the class.

I noticed the collector issue http://collector.zope.org/Zope/685, but still
don't know what to do.
What would you do?
Pack everything in a Zope product? I don't need to add instances to the
ZODB, i just need the class and methods to work on audiosignals and store the in
the file system.

--
Regards,

Rainer