[Zope] Question regarding acquisition behaviour.

Alec Munro alecmunro at hfx.eastlink.ca
Tue Nov 25 11:51:22 EST 2003

Hi List,

It is my understanding that while acquisition will traverse up the
directory tree, it will only do so until it finds a match, and then it
will restart from that directory.
So if I'm in script 'someScript' looking for 'container.HTML.pageX' and
my hierarchy looks something like this:

someSite
-HTML
--pageX
-subSite1
--about
---HTML
----pageA
----pageX
--contact
---HTML
----pageA

if someScript is in 'someSite/subSite1/about' then I will get the
result: 'someSite/subSite1/about/HTML/pageX'
But if someScript is in 'someSite/subSite1/contact' I won't get
anything. It will find the HTML folder, and give up when there's no
'pageX'. What I would like is the result: '/someSite/HTML/pageX'
Is there a way around this, to force acquisition to continue traversing
up the directory if it hits a dead end? Or some alternative? Or is this
behaviour necessary?

Thanks,

Alec Munro