[Zope] Maximum you can store in /var/Data.fs that I pussume is the FileStorage for ZODB

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Wed Nov 26 12:25:46 EST 2003

We have an application that has about 2 million objects in the ZODB and
about 700,000 objects in a single ZCatalog and zope has been working fine.
Our cache size is 10000.

Jonathan Hobbs
SBS

> Database Location
> /usr/local/bin/zope/Zope-2.6.1-linux2-x86/var/Data.fs
> Database Size
> 10.6M
>
> Whats is the Maximum you can store in /var/Data.fs that I pussume is the
FileStorage for ZODB

> I have a considerable project and I want to know if ZODB can handle it I
have increased the ZODB Cache Size from 400 to 8000 and I'm cotemplating
Using Apache 1.3 mod_proxy Caching for our Static Content.

> But I would like to know the Max Storage .Prior to using more than likely
a adapter EITHER ZPopyDA or ZPsycoPG  and Postgresql DB.
> albiet Im only toying with Gladfly at the moment .
>
> Plz point me in the right direction.
>
> --
>
> Chuck Amadi, ICT Systems Programmer,
> Brecon Beacons National Park Authority
> Direct Line: 01874 620440 FAX: 01874 622574
> EMAIL: chuck.amadi at breconbeacons.org
>

> _______________________________________
>    \                                      \
>     \ Chuck Amadi,ICT Systems Programmer   \                __________ |
>      \                                      \        / \___-=O`/|O`/___|
>       \                     .                \_______\        / | /     )
>       /                                      /      `/-==__ _/__|/__=--|
>      /                                      /         *      \  |      |
>     /                                      /                  (o)
>    /______________________________________/
>

> Nid yw'r farn a fynegir gan anfonwr y neges hon o anghenraid yn adlewyrchu
barn Awdurdod Parc Cenedlaethol Bannau Brycheiniog. Neges yw hon a fwriadwyd
ar gyfer y derbynnydd/derbynyddion yn unig ac fe'i hanfonir yn gyfrinachol;
os ydych yn ei dderbyn mewn camgymeriad, a fyddech gystal
%/1??iso8859-15?â rhoi gwybod i ni (yn it at breconbeacons.org) ac yna
dil%/1??iso8859-15?ëwch bob copi.
> The views expressed by the sender of this message don't necessarily
represent those of Brecon Beacons National Park Authority. This message is
intended for the addressee(s) only and is sent in confidence; if you receive
it in error, please can you let us know (at it at breconbeacons.org) and then
destroy all copies.
Sophos Anti-Virus software.