[Zope] Hardware requirements: cpu or memory?

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Mon Oct 6 12:46:36 EDT 2003

[Wouter Vanden Hove wrote (atheist at pandora.be) on 10/6/03 10:41 AM]

> I have Zope and Plone installed on a Pentium 266Mh with 64 MB Memory.
> And the site is running slow.
>
> What is the most simple (and cheapest) way to increase its speeds?
> A new CPU, or could buying some more memory (like 256Mb) be enough?

I find that a 1.7 GHz Celeron gives decent speed, but minimum reccommend a
Pentium 4 2.0GHz+ for any serious application.

If your box is just for testing/playing and you don't want to invest a lot I
would get a min of 256MB RAM in there.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669