[Zope] Hardware requirements: cpu or memory?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Oct 6 14:06:48 EDT 2003

Wouter Vanden Hove wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I have Zope and Plone installed on a Pentium 266Mh with 64 MB Memory.
 > And the site is running slow.
 >
 > What is the most simple (and cheapest) way to increase its speeds?
 > A new CPU, or could buying some more memory (like 256Mb) be enough?

I have a server with multiple low volume sites running perfectly on a
133 MHz Pentium.

256 MB of memory does the trick.

The only thing that is a little slow is restarting. But that is
generally not a problem as I tend to restart production server rather
infrequently.

Btw. It also runs Apache, IIS and a mail server... It isn't that long
time ago that A 133 MHz machine was top of the line. Even then it was
running Zope.

regards Max M