[Zope] How to synchronize a Plone site between 2 zope servers...

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Oct 7 20:19:43 EDT 2003

>I'm looking for a method to synchronize correctly a Plone site between 2
>zope servers, because import/export is not a goog solution because of skins
>lake...
>
>I tried to execute a python script I found from Internet but it's not
>perfect I've got some errors...
>
>Is there a product to simplify the synchronization ? Elsewhere What is the
>best way to do it ?

Look for ZSyncer. It won't do filesystem-based skins, but should be able
to sync 'custom'. You may also have to force it to sync the tools, but I
don't know, as I've only tried it for content.

             --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)