[Zope] Newbie: How can index_html point at folder/index_html?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Oct 13 10:17:54 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 07:18:03AM -0700, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 03:20, aa bb wrote:
> > My website sits in a folder in the Zope root.
> > How can I have the root?s index_html point at the folders index_html,
> > so that a visitor addressing the root will automatically be
> > "transferred" to the website?
> > Various attempts with "var" have failed.
> > Do I need a "virtual host monster"? I have only one website in the
> > installation.
>
> If you know for certain that you'll only have one website in this Zope
> install ever, there's no great advantage to creating a "site root"
> folder... just use the root.

that's OK i guess... except I have no confidence in "ever" :-)
And even if it remains true, it's still a lot easier to back up or
move your site if you keep it in its own folder.  It's annoying
having to individually export 37 items in the root...

to answer the original question: yes, you can do what you want
with VHM.

--PW

--

Paul Winkler