[Zope] XML RPC and umlaute

Mark Gibson mark at kaivo.com
Wed Oct 15 01:29:07 EDT 2003

I use xml_encode in an External Method to encode data being returned
from a xmlrpc call:

---------
#external method xml_encode.py
from xmlrpclib import Binary

def xml_encode(self,somestring):
    return Binary(somestring)
---------

On the 'receiving' end you access the 'data' attribute of the returned
object:

i.e.
----
server = xmlrpclib.Server('http://somesite.com/')
#getEncodedString returns result of xml_encode
somestring=server.getEncodedString()
thestring=somestring.data

Mark