[Zope] apache+virthostmonster and 2 virthosts for one instance

Jonas Meurer jonas at know-it.net
Thu Oct 16 11:07:49 EDT 2003

hello,
I've got a router between internet and local network which runs zope
behind apache. The router is accessable from localnet as
zope.ki-local.net and from outside as know-it.freealias.de.
The apache virtualhost configuration is done this way:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName zope.ki-local.net
    ServerAlias know-it.freealias.de
    Options FollowSymLinks
    <Location />
        AuthUserFile /etc/apache/auth/zopeusers
        AuthType basic
        AuthName "Know-iT Zope-Testserver"
        Require valid-user
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 192.168.1
        Satisfy Any
    </Location>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/manage(.*) https://zope.ki-local.net:443/manage$1 [R]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/zope.ki-local.net:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]
</VirtualHost>

the zope virtualhostmonster simply is named zope.ki-local.net

this should normally have the effect that everyone from localnet
(192.168.1) can access the whole zope area without any restrictions,
only the whole /manage area is redirected to ssl area and has normal
zope user authentification.
users accessing from internet first have to authentificate at the apache
login, and then should have the same as local users have.

the problem with my installation is, that the local links on the page
accessable at http://know-it.freealias.de/ link to
http://zope.ki-local.net/... which is not resolvable in the internet.

I believe that this is a zope-relating problem since turning of the
zope-relating rewriterule turns everything into normal and running,
including the two virtualhosts.

you can test all this on http://know-it.freealias.de with user test and
passwd test.

now my question is: how can i make know-it.freealias.de an alias of
zope.ki-local.net also for zope, so that everything works in future?

thanks a lot for every kind of help,

bye
 jonas

ps: please cc: to private since i'm not subscribed to the list.