[Zope] Zope Evaluation

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 11:03:07 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Lennart Regebro wrote:
>> •    recommendations concerning the base product to be taken, which of
>> these options is better and why: CMF + ZOPE, ZOPE only, CMF + PLONE+
>> ZOPE,
>

> Since you have limited yourself to Open Source, I think you should use
> Zope + CMF + one of the CMF based systems, like Plone or CPS. Is Silva
> based on CMF? Plain CMF sucks too much.

Agreed - but would add that Plone is probably *not* indicated for
non-CMS web applications.

Not even sure about CMF if pure web apps are the target - but with other
CMF-based systems you may not find that the CMF functionality obscures
some of Zope in the way that Plone does...Plone is good at what Plone is
good at...

HTH!

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick