[Zope] Zope instanse falls asleep :-(

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Oct 19 12:52:17 EDT 2003

Gitte Wange wrote at 2003-10-16 11:41 +0200:
 > I have a big problem with a customers Zope instanse - almost every day it
 > "falls asleep":
 > When you try to access their site it's like no requests get's to the site.
 > I try to stop the instance - and when I start it again I'm told that another
 > process has already locked the database file.

There is a HowTo on "SpinningZope" analysis. It may help you.

 > Running $ps -ax reveals that their is some stale python processes mathing the
 > PID of the recently stopped Zope instanse ...

I have seen such behaviour in the past. It was caused by network
problems. NFS access blocked deep inside the kernel and normal
signals did not release the process.

I would probably try to use GDB to analyse what the Zope processes
are doing when they do no longer respond.

Dieter