[Zope] Corrupt database after packing with Zope 2.6.2

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Oct 19 12:41:41 EDT 2003

ATT: crosspost

Bjorn Stabell wrote at 2003-10-16 10:17 +0800:
 > After our nightly pack of the Data.fs, the site complains about
 > POSKeyErrors (a good old error) rendering the site unusable (can't
 > load/save objects).

Please report this problem to "mailto:zodb-dev at zope.org".

There may be some hole in the ZODB's packing code.

If your unpacked storage (e.g. "Data.fs.old") is not too large
(bzip2 compressed less than 500 kB), then you can send me the
compressed file for analysis (when you like).

 > Stopping the site, and running fsrecover.py on it, it says 'removed 0
 > bytes', but the resulting Data.fs cannot be used; when starting Zope
 > again it just says:
 >
 > Problems importing module: rest
 > Problems importing module: rest
 >
 > and exits.

This is probably a different problem.

Zope 2.6.2 does not start (in development mode) when the import
of a product fails. Activate Zope logging (--> "doc/LOGGING.txt")
and see in the log file. You should see a traceback explaining
why your product could not be imported.

Dieter