[Zope] long response times?

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Mon Oct 20 08:09:23 EDT 2003

> I would use my "ZopeProfiler" to find out what takes the time:
>
>   <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Thanks Dieter,

I found the problem before I saw this post.

It turns out pickling a large list of custom dictionaries (my LDAPResult
class), which was in SESSION, was taking 20 seconds.  I wasn't aware
that pickling custom classes took so long!

Once I found that out, I converted back to using lists of dictionaries,
and the response time decreased from 30 seconds to 2 seconds.

Thanks for the help; I'll check out the profiler next time!

Andy