[Zope] Running ZEO on a single server -- advisable? Why?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Oct 20 13:10:37 EDT 2003

Paul Winkler wrote at 2003-10-19 14:16 -0400:
 > On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 08:51:36AM -0400, Paul Howell wrote:
 > > Do you run ZEO on standalone boxes? What are the advantages?
 >
 > - zope restarts faster

This is not always true...

My non-ZEO setup usually uses 6 s to restart (because most shared objects
and "pyc" files are in the OS file cache).
My ZEO setup today needed more than 1 minute to verify the ZEO client
cache. The complete startup was more than 10 times longer than
the non-ZEO startup.

Dieter