[Zope] ZopeVersionControl (was: Re: APE and version control?)

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Mon Oct 20 16:41:24 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Johan Carlsson wrote:
> If I understand the question correctly, yes.  You could make gateways
> store in ZODB.  OTOH, you could just use the ZopeVersionControl product
> instead.  It would be much simpler.

Hi again,
ZopeVersionControl lacks the ability to track subobject
changes. Is this something that is planed for future
versions of ZopeVersionControl?

If I have understod APE correctly, subobjects are
retrieved from folderaware gateways and inserted by
folderaware serializers?

This is something I expect out of (at least) a branchaware
version control system (that can do staging).

But if you recommend it I'll dive in to the ZopeVersionControl
code and try to figure out what I can do :-)

Are there any plans for ZopeVersionControl?
Who's manager for it?

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM