[Zope] creating objects in dtml?

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Tue Oct 21 01:04:38 EDT 2003

[forwarded to list]

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 19:32, Ted holden wrote:
> > > What I really need is for a user to open a dtml page and create (his/her)
> > > object in doing so, and then use it.
> >
> > That's certainly possible... but then what?  You want this object to
> > only exist during the time the user has a session?
> >
> > To answer the first part, the URL to create a new instance of a product
> > is usually something of the form:
> >
> > container/manage_addProduct/product_name/product_nameAdd
> >

> Again, thanks.  Is there an example of something like that lying around
> somewhere?

Take a look at the code behind the "Add" pick list in the ZMI.  That has
a number of examples.

And please keep the discussion on the list.  On this list, pressing
"reply" will only address your reply to one person, not the whole list.
Unless your mail client has a "reply to list" option, the correct way to
maintain a discussion on this list is "reply to all".  That may seem
bizarre, but it's how Mailman works (by default) and if you spend any
time on Python lists, you'll need to learn to live with it. :-)

HTH,

Dylan