[Zope] BTreeFolder2 add speed with 10k objects

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 22 13:32:52 EDT 2003

Jeff Youel wrote at 2003-10-21 14:44 -0700:
 > It is, but I'm not sure my test rigging was correct.  Today, it looks
 > like the BTreeFolder2._setOb() is taking the time but the
 > tree[id]=object line is not responsible.  Instead the
 > object.manage_afterAdd(object, self) call seems to be the slowdown.

I like to suggest my "ZopeProfiler" product to analyse such things

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

It is unable to safely measure time spent in C functions
(such as "tree[id]= object") and will associate their time
with the enclosing Python function. Nevertheless,
you can clearly notice when the time is spent in another
Python function (such as "manage_afterAdd").

Dieter