[Zope] become user (su inside Zope) - pretend to be another user

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Thu Oct 23 15:14:12 EDT 2003

I need to save and then "replay" web requests at a later time on behalf of
an authenticated user, then email them the result.

We use LDAPUserFolder and the user's passwords are encrypted, so I
can't just lookup a user's password and feed it back to a web request using
basic auth.

of course I have "super user" access to the zope instance (2.7.0), is there
any tricks I can play that will "su" inside a zope request context to become
another user and set the AUTHENTICATED_USER roles correctly?

I'm looking for an official mechanism to do this, rather than hacking up my
user folder. Any ideas?

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements