[Zope] Permission with addFile module

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Oct 24 10:18:24 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:09:22AM -0400, McDonnell, Larry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need for my users to upload files within Zope. I have a copy of addFile

You seem to be a bit confused about Zope. No crime in that :-)
I don't know what you mean. You don't need to make copies of anything
in order to let users add files. What is addFile?

> and it works when I am superuser.

I assume you mean Manager?

> I tried setting permissions through the
> security tab for the file but the users are prompted for user name and
> password. These users do not have aacounts within Zope. I do not need this
> since this is an intranet environment.

Go to the management interface of the topmost folder where you want users
to add files. Click on the Security tab. Find the permission
labelled "Add Documents, Images, and Files". Check the box in the
Anonymous columns. You're done.

> Can someone point to some
> documentation that addresses this problem. I googled around and this has
> been addressed before but the link to those sites did not exist. Thanks.

Read this, several times if necessary:
http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx

--

Paul Winkler