[Zope] return value treated as dtml?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Oct 24 14:05:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 01:33:09PM -0400, Ted holden wrote:
> Presumably I have a dtml page called dtmlpage1 and an external method called
> externalmethod1 both registered within the folder I'm using in zope:  what
> exactly does the python function associated with externalmethod1 need to
> return to ensure that the next thing the user sees on his browser is
> dtmlpage1?

two options in your external method function:

1) REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('/path/to/the/dtml?param1=foo&param2=bar')

this limits you to whatever parameters you can stuff into a query string.

2) my_dtml = self.unrestrictedTraverse('/path/to/the/dtml')
   return my_dtml(args)

... where the args needed for calling a DTML mehod or document
are specified in teh online Zope book, in the API reference and also in
the Advanced Scripting chapter.  I haven't done this in a long time
so i forget the signature DTML call signature.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com