[Zope] newbie: ZTP, SQL, plone

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Oct 25 17:45:38 EDT 2003

On Saturday, October 25, 2003, at 03:34 PM, andrew cooke wrote:
> but how do i get that data displayed in the ZTP page?  i have a page in
> the /timesheets/ztp folder (also called "list_people") with the
> following
> text, but it won't compile:
>
>     <ul tal:repeat="item /timesheets/sql/list_people">
>      <li tal:content="item/person">name</li>
>     </ul>
>
> the error message is: Compilation failed
> TAL.TALDefs.TALError: Invalid variable name "" in expression
> '/timesheets/sql/list_people'

Just timesheets/sql/list_people -- no leading "/".  You can get to the
content of parent folders by acquisition.  Or I believe there is a root
object (not sure), so root/timesheets/sql/list_people

You get the Invalid variable name "" because it never expects a leading
"/", and it assumes there is a variable before the slash (which would
have to be the empty string).  Not the best error message, I guess...