[Zope] Can not link to ZOPE: ImportError: DLL load failed

Harm_Kirchhoff at mail.digital.co.jp Harm_Kirchhoff at mail.digital.co.jp
Tue Oct 28 04:27:27 EST 2003

I am new to ZOPE, and I started with examples from 'Advanced ZODB for
Python Programmers' by Michel Pelletier,
zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZODB1 and ZODB2.

However, I can not import the ZODB modules. I suspect some setting must be
wrong, but I have no idea, which :

>From the command line:

>>> from ZODB import FileStorage, DB
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#10>", line 1, in ?
    from ZODB import FileStorage, DB
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope262\lib\python\ZODB\FileStorage.py", line
133, in ?
    from ZODB import BaseStorage, ConflictResolution, POSException
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope262\lib\python\ZODB\BaseStorage.py", line 21,
in ?
    import ThreadLock, bpthread
ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the Module

Or trying it with BTrees from a python module:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Documents and Settings/Kirchhoff/My Documents/Python/AccDB.py",
line 2, in ?
    from BTrees import OOBTree
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope262\lib\python\BTrees\__init__.py", line 11,
in ?
    import Interfaces
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope262\lib\python\BTrees\Interfaces.py", line
15, in ?
    import OOBTree, Interface
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope262\lib\python\BTrees\OOBTree.py", line 16,
in ?
    from _OOBTree import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: Can not find the Module

The file OOBTree contains these lines:
# hack to overcome dynamic-linking headache.
from _OOBTree import *

In the BTree directory, where OOBTree.py is located, there are two
_OOBTree files:
_OOBTree.c
_OOBTree.pyd