[Zope] problems using 'expand_all' tag on dtml-tree / dtml-forest

Ruth Mizzi ruth at anvil.com
Wed Oct 29 05:24:36 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm wondering whethre you can help me with this.
I'm currently using a dtml-forest structure in my website to show a navigation tree.
I'd like this to be completley opened up when I enter the site ... that is all branches expanded.

I've tried using

<dtml-let expand_all="'true'">
<dtml-forest root branches="showPublic" skip_unauthorized="1">
 ....... make links here
</dtml-forest>
</dtml-let>

but this doesn't work correctly cause even though the tree is expanded, when you try to click on the little minus signs near the branches to close them up you simply don't manage ... they will remain open.

Then I tried ...

<dtml-forest root branches="showPublic" skip_unauthorized="1">
<dtml-let expand_all="'true'">
   ... make links here
</dtml-let>
</dtml-forest>

But this doesn't work at all.... ie. the expand_all tag seems to be ignored ...

Any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Thanks
Ruth