[Zope] Reindex of catalog - keep getting ConflictErrors ?

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Fri Oct 31 18:01:36 EST 2003

At 22:55 31-10-2003, you wrote:
>Gitte Wange wrote at 2003-10-31 15:37 +0100:
>  > I have a ZCatalog (in the shape of a portal_catalog in CMF).
>  > Everytime I go to the Advanced tab and tries to reindex the catalog, I
> get
>  > this error and traceback:
>  > ZODB.POSException.ConflictError

[SNIP error traceback]

>  > ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0000000000000006, serial was
>  > 0350b50baca92b4c, now 0350b50a6e739abb)
>  >
>  > Why is that ?
>
>Indeed: why does your "reindex catalog" write to a session?
>
>Someone else does, too. This gives you a ConflictError.

Thanks Dieter - at least I know what's causing the error.
Now I only need to find out why :-)

The error has been introduced after I switched to use PluggableUserFolder
with my own SessionLogin plugin - maybe I should start to look for the
cause there.
Why the reindexing tries to write to a session is a very good question - I
actually have no idea.
Hmmm ... any good hints on how to debug this? (Would be nice to know *what*
it's trying to write to the session)

Greetings,
Gitte Wange