[Zope] Re: No module named GenericUserFolder

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Sep 1 14:24:51 EDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Chris Withers wrote:

> > Well, if you would have followed the thread I think the better comparison
> > would be: If I put a suitcase into a car and remove the suitcase after I
> > reached the place I wanted it to be transported I would expect the car to
> > be working as before. :-P
>
> Depends how much the suitcase weighed and whether it had big shiny spikes on the
> outside...
ACK, here.  As a consequence perhaps we have to make the trunk of the car
save against such kind of stuff by using some armour-plating o whatever
inside.

> > Hmmm, I never did I just installed the GenericUserFolder package ages ago
> > installed it after some tests.  Now some functionality of Zope is broken
> > if as the suitcase removal would have taken one wheel ...
>
> Interesting, I knew GUF was crufty, but I didn't know it could do that kind of
> damage...
Exactly this is the point I wanted to address in this tread: There are crufty
products around (which can't be avoided) that can break Zopes internal
functionality (which should be avoided as strong as possible).

Kind regards

        Andreas.