[Zope] acl_users

Thomas Widmer thomas.widmer at emailaccount.com
Tue Sep 2 06:02:08 EDT 2003

Hi

Am I right that there is no extense documentation about automatic user creation and authentification in dtml-methods. I haven't found any. There is some little info about the variables and methods and I also found some discussion about it but I didn't success with that.

For the use of a conference registration I want the applicants to be able to modify their indications after they subscribed a form. So I tried to create a user (with success) and authenticate him within the same method (without success).

To create I use:
-----------
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('name',_.string.join([REQUEST.form.get('email')]))">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('pwd',REQUEST.form.get('last')+_.str(_.random.randint(0,9)))">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('password',pwd)">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('confirm',pwd)">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('roles', ['approvals'])">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('domains', '')">
<dtml-call "acl_users.manage_users(submit='Add', REQUEST=REQUEST)">
-----------

to confirm within the same method or after clicking a submit button, there seem to be different possibilities:
DTML-Method:
<dtml-call "acl_users.authenticate(name, pwd, REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "acl_users.autorize(name, pwd, REQUEST)">

Python-Script:
security.validate(access, container, name, value, roles)
---what means 'container' and 'value'???

Thanks for any hint!
Thomas