[Zope] Zope slowdown publishing big tables

Luton, Alex ALuton at rcseng.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 16:53:54 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have recently written a few pages which either generate or contain
large html tables. I started to notice some fairly substantial slowdown
with tables over 100 or so rows. At a guess, I assume this is zope
rendering all the <tr> and <td> tags looking for dtml, but it seems a
bit slow even for that. We're running pretty substantial servers with
plenty of memory, etc.

I'd be interested in any good ways to improve the speed of these pages.
The obvious answer would be caching, but I'd rather avoid the
complications that entails if possible. I'm more interested in what
Zope's really doing to slow itself down here. TIA

--
Alex

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and are intended
addressed.

This communication represents the originators personal views and
opinions, which do not necessarily reflect those of The Royal College of
Surgeons of England.

If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error, and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

http://www.rcseng.ac.uk

Registered Charity Number: 212808