[Zope] Zope slowdown publishing big tables

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon at msri.org
Tue Sep 2 13:01:24 EDT 2003

Alex,

I've noticed this as well, but after a fair amount of experimentation,
I've come to the conclusion that the problem is more the browser's
rendering abilities than Zope. Of course, you could test this by saving
out the source of the rendered page and comparing the time required to
load this page from, say Apache to the time required to serve it from
Zope.

That said, Zope has a number of ways in which the caching of pages can
be tweaked and optimized. One of them may be just the ticket.

Also, try to avoid nested HTML tables.. and make the code for your pages as
simple as possible..