[Zope] Sort problem

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Wed Sep 3 14:28:08 EDT 2003

Davis Mr MR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a list of titles, sorted alphabetically, but want to
> sort ignoring initial stop words.
>
> I've set up an index for title_or_id, which works fine, but "The Resource"
> ends up listed under T. I've tried using a Lexicon, but these seem to only
> be able to be used for Text Fields, which can't be used in a sort.
>
> Is there another way to do this?

Two options:

1. write your own index which does what you want.

2. write a python script (say, sortTitle) which returns the Title processed as
you want (ie, without stop words) and then index that in a FieldIndex.

In either case, you may be able to use bits of either TextIndex or ZCTextIndex
that already have a good list of stop words and the machinery to remove them.
IIRC, ZCTextIndex is the more modular of the two...

cheers,

Chris