[Zope] traverse_subpath with index_html ?

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 19:37:17 EDT 2003

>>Is there a way to use traverse_subpath in a page template
>>called index_html without having index_html in the url?
>>
>>so, for instance, if I have a template called aaa which just
>>prints the traverse subpath, I can call it with:
>>
>>http://example.com/aaa/bbb/ccc
>>
>>and get:  ['bbb', 'ccc']
>>
>>but if it is called index_html I would have to use:
>>
>>http://example.com/index_html/bbb/ccc
>
>That's odd, I'd say your first example looks like a bug.
>
>Submit it at http://collector.zope.org or ask on zpt at zope.org and maybe
>Evan can shed some light...

Not sure I understand...

>From what I've read:

"""
If your script is traversed, meaning that other path
elements follow it in a URL, then those path elements
are placed in a list, from left to right, in this variable
"""

So, are you saying that /aaa/bbb/ccc should not give
['bbb', 'ccc'] or are you saying that /bbb/ccc should
ALSO give ['bbb', 'ccc']  ?

It does seem to me that index_html IS being traversed,
even though it may be that it is being traversed
implicitly.

Thanks for your time.