[Zope] inheriting from an Image object

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 6 00:13:53 EDT 2003

Daniel Ajoy wrote at 2003-9-5 11:39 -0500:
 > On 5 Sep 2003 at 15:09, Chris Withers wrote:
 >
 > > Daniel Ajoy wrote:
 > > > When I make a ZClass that inherits from an image object and I
 > > > make one instance. The instance doesn't have the "add" form of
 > > > Image by default. Should it? I think it should.
 > >
 > > Well, by ZClass definitions it should. But you shouldn't be usign ZClasses, they
 > > suck! (tm) ;-)
 >
 > What should I be using instead?
 >
 > Just basic objects, relational-databases, and forms?

You must not believe Chris in all cases.
Very often, he has very drastic views...

I have successfully build complex applications with ZClasses,
back in the time when Zope did not have the "refresh"
feature and the CMF.
Nowadays, it is almost as easy or even easier to build Python based products
for content base classes and use CMF skins for presentation.
And such a solution is more efficient (ZClasses are quite slow)
and easier to extend and reuse.
Nowadays, I rarely use ZClasses.

However, this does not mean one should not (under no circumstances)
use ZClasses.

Dieter