[Zope] Re: Search and Replace in Zope

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 13:59:23 EDT 2003

> I haven't been able to find a solution that allows me to search for all
the
> convert these pages into a files system that I can search so that I can
also
> search and replace HTML code?
Hi,
you could use the following patch:
http://www.zope.org/Members/shh/ReplaceSupport

I haven't tested it because I don't know if it works with the last zope and
I think that the long and boring way is safer:

1- Use the find tab from the ZMI to get the documents with the
desired string
2- Open each document with ExternalEditor
3- Use search and replace of your favorite text editor

I think that implementing a Search and Replace support is dangerous
because once you do the change, it's difficult to know where it was
excecuted. But it's up-to-you to make this decision.

Regards,
Josef