[Zope] running Zope with python -O option

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Tue Sep 9 04:30:08 EDT 2003

zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg wrote:
> e.g. python -O z2.py
> This will run Zope with optimized bytecode .pyo files instead of .pyc
> files.
>
> How's the performance gain? Any potential problem?

As long as you don't use -OO or set the PYTHONOPTIMIZE environment
variable to an int you should be OK.  I've been doing it without
problems for some time.  YMMV I suppose.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle