[Zope] os.system() - problem when using with lynx browser in linux

Jim Whitman jim at jameswhitman.org
Fri Sep 12 17:38:57 EDT 2003

Yes - it's a bit odd, perhaps, but I want the Lynx output because it's
exactly that - the output from a text-based browser - it shows you
what your web pages look like in exactly that medium. It's didactic -
but its for teaching and learning, so geared to doing odd things :-)

I've since tried swapping Zope's os.py and os.pyc for my own python
installation's os.py etc. but this does not effect any change. So,
perhaps it's a Zope configuration thing - is it about security, do you
think? I know that there's only a very limited set of options if you
create a script within Zope - has it got something to do with this, do
you think?