[Zope] Local Roles and Acquisition

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 13 05:01:05 EDT 2003

Jens Vagelpohl wrote at 2003-9-10 17:20 -0400:
 > On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 16:03 US/Eastern, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 >
 > > Jens Vagelpohl wrote at 2003-9-10 09:42 -0400:
 > >> You just created a maintenance nightmare, that's why. Rewriting the
 > >> core Zope software instead of e.g. creating a filesystem product that
 > >> contains your changes will make every attempted Zope upgrade a pain.
 > >
 > > Unless, you manage Zope in CVS...
 > >

 > > Dieter
 > >

 > Absolutely correct, but I daresay only the smallest minority actually
 > does that ;)

You are absolutely right.

But for anyone who plans to modify core Zope code this is an option
to keep maintainability quite easy.

He may also be interested in a CVS patch I submitted to "bugs-cvs at gnu.org"
which lets the "-kk" CVS option work correctly for binary files.
"-kk" is essential to get rid of conflicts caused by "$Id:$ (or
other CVS keyword) strings. As I understand it, the CVS authors
plan to include this patch in future CVS releases.

Dieter