[Zope] Adding attributes to PageTemplateFile

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Mon Sep 15 09:15:22 EDT 2003

Josef Meile wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> I'm just wondering what's different from your approach
> and what kind of problem I could have.

In my approach, I'm replaciong a defined method with a method of the same name,
and a carefully named help method. These can both be protectde by security
assertions easily.

In your method, you're slapping an arbitarily named attribute into a class
object. They're difficult to protect in a fine grained fashion, and if you're
careless with your variable names you may squish something important that you
didn't mean to...

Chris