[Zope] Can't get past the login screen...

Ron ron at rawbw.com
Wed Sep 17 11:49:02 EDT 2003

I've installed Zope on a RH system, I get the password dialog (for 3
gerr... days) but nothing else, the system continues to ask for a
correct username/password.

I have run the zpasswd.py script with "access" and "inituser" in both
the /usr/lib/zope2.7 and it's "bin" directory, used clear passwords, and
the default, changed permissions (on everything) to "zope" (Zope runs as
user zope on my system). Restarted after each password change, run it
with Galeon, Mozilla, Konqueror... From a remote machine and a local,
searched the mailing list (Yahoo lists SUCKS, btw), Google, and the Zope
site and read the logs.

The best message I have received from zope comes from Konqueror
"Authentication Failed!"

Can anyone suggest how I might get Zope working?

Thank you. (This is SO FRUSTRATING!!!)

-Ron

Details: RH 7.2, Zope: 2.7.0-b2, Python2-2.2.3-1, Zope and Python
compiled and installed from rpm's.