[Zope] Re: Back button (off topic?)

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:21:25 EDT 2003

> > If there is one thing that users know, it is how to use the back button
> > on the browser.   Why bother having your own?
>
> Not all users I'm afraid ... <shrug>

There is one good point that Tom mention before:
> Do you know if the browser you tested has javascript enabled?

Perhaps you can enable it on your browser, but not all the users
have it enabled (the same as for the back button applies here). I
think it's much easier if they use the back button. I think it's not
that difficult, after few sesions with X brower, to realize that it has
a back button :-). Unless off course if you were using a text browser,
_that_ doesn't give you the possibility to go back. With lynx you
can go back, but one never knows if there is another browser that
doesn't support this.

For the last case, you could create a link by using the "HTTP_REFERER"
property of the REQUEST object, which  tells you from which page
the user came from. So that, you don't have to bother you with
javascript. You have to bother you with ZPT, DTML, and/or python :-)

Regards,
Josef