[Zope] MySQLDA, Mac OSX connection problem

Avni Khatri avni321 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 07:55:54 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm new to zope / plone. I was wondering if someone
could help me out.

- I installed plone on mac osx (using the binary)
  and everything works great.
- I then wanted to connect to an RDBMS. So I
  installed mysql on the same box
  (osx) and that works great. I gave my db root
  user a password and set up the

  permissions.
- I then installed mysql-python package and that
  seemed to go well.
- I next installed ZMySQLDA by putting it in the
  the zope python dir and restarted zope
- The product shows up. Ican add a "Z MySQL
  Database Connection" object type
  no problem. It says the connection is open.
- However when I try the "Test" tab, the resulting
  page always has the following error:

    _mysql_exceptions.InternalError
    Sorry, a site error occurred.
    Traceback (innermost last):
    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in
    publish_module
    Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in
    new_publish
    Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 106, in
    publish
    Module Zope.App.startup, line 222, in abort
    Module ZODB.Transaction, line 135, in abort
    Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM, line 60, in abort
    Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 328, in
    _abort
    InternalError: (-1, 'connection is closed')

- My connection string is db at ip username password
  which all the docs say is correct? Am I missing
  something?

I am running Plone 1.0.5, Zope 2.6.2b5, Mac OS
10.2.6, MySQL 4.0.15

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions? I've
perused the mailing  lists and web sites and
haven't been able to find a  solution
that works. I'd  appreciate any help.

Thanks much,
Avni