[Zope] looping over plone folders

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Mon Sep 22 18:01:00 EDT 2003

Hi list,

Another newbie-ish question, looked in the FAQ but couldn't find an
example that was clear enough...

I'm recreating the navbar in a plone portal by hand, looping over the
plone folders in the root folder of the plone site.  Ok, that's what I
*want* to do, and need help from a zenmaster on how to do it within
plone  :^)  The reason for this is that I'd like it to be
dynamically-generated, based on the folders created; and hope to have a
javascript-based dynamic menu populated by the objects within those root
folders.  So far, when I use examples of looping (via ZPT
documentation), Plone throws a security error and refuses to cooperate.

So I suppose the two questions are:

1) How do you do this in Plone?

2) Is there a better approach?

-- mitchy