GNU tar damage for the 5000th time, was Re: [Zope] z2 startup exception

Arenz, Ralph Ralph.Arenz at friatec.de
Wed Sep 24 08:33:45 EDT 2003

in an earlier Slip i wrote that i was successful with Zope-2.6.2b5
and python2.1. The reconstruction of this attempt failed until now.
Now i have tried it again, with a "little" change in the start-script.
I started without any arguments like so:

  exec $PYTHON \
     $PYTHONHOME1/z2.py \
     -u zope  -d [nameserver-ip] "$@"

and the z2 Startup exception disappeared. The "cannot import Splitter"
is now reflected in some ERROR(200).

Successively i added my arguments and looked for the startup behaviour.
The "-D" lets the startup end in an "z2 Startup exception".

Finally startline is now:
   exec $PYTHON \
     $PYTHONHOME1/z2.py \
     -X -t 10 -u zope -d [nameserver-ip] "$@"