[Zope] Mailhost and relay problem.

Paolo Dina paolo at php3.it
Thu Sep 25 10:34:37 EDT 2003

Hi, this is the scenario.

I have implemented a sort of simple newsletter manager for my site
based on double optin, so users can subscribe, remove and modify their
account info easily.

The problem arise when mailserver must send to subscriber the mail
that confirm their subscription. To do so i use mailhost, that gives
this error message:

smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused on {'subscriber at domain.tld': (550,
'5.7.1 ... we do not relay ')} in "", at line 35, column 1

This happens because mailserver need that account that send mail gives
his credentials, username and password. This is called "POP before SMTP".

Now, is there an easy way to accomplish this authentication?
Do you think that a python script could help? How..?

Thankyou
Paolo Dina