[Zope] RE: z2 startup exception, only with -D?

Arenz, Ralph Ralph.Arenz at friatec.de
Thu Sep 25 11:34:37 EDT 2003

I think in rolling off the whole procedure.

1)Downloading new Zope-2.6.2-src
compiling
starting without Instance_Home
-> everything fine

2)Restore a root.fs-backup in the Instance_Home.
starting in Instance_Home (with the whole args incl. -D)
-> startup-Exception

3)Get rid of all args in the start-command
starting in Instance_Home
-> Zope cames up
-> in the log the "Module not found" seems to change its
   result from an z2-Exection to a ERROR(200)

4)Successively i added my arguments and looked for the startup behaviour.
The "-D" lets the startup end in an "z2 Startup exception".
Putting -D out of the args -> startup-Exception

5)By following the zope startup-source to figure out the why
  i completely lost my nerves. In my humble opionon the -D option
  is responsible for the crash, but why, i don't know ...

Ralph

sorry, i suppose you have not followed the whole thread
because i make a mistake by posting to the right one
in the middle of the discussion :-(

I try to outline what i've done until yet.
My intension was to upgrade Zope-2.4.2 to Zope-2.6.2.
I installed the Zope-2.6.2-src compiled it and started it without
Instance_Home. Anything was fine until i tried to to use 2.6.2 with
Instance_Home. I got the z2-startup-exception.
(Module Splitter not found) -> although it is there!

First i tought that something with the root.fs is wrong so

In mind that i was succesful in starting Zope in that Configuartion
i unpacked an backup of an earlier root.fs played around in the start-script
in Instance_Home.
Beginning with no args in the startline,successively i added my arguments
and looked for the startup behaviour.
Reaching "-D" lets the startup end in an "z2 Startup exception".