[Zope] Error logging

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Fri Sep 26 03:13:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

today I had to deal with an access error and wanted to write a little cron
job which informs me via mail that something was wrong at my Zope site.
I do so for apache and did not expect any problem her but this seemed naive ...

The only documentation I was able to find about writing error logs in Zope
was

       http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Misc/LOGGING.txt

but there is no date or version info in this text and because it is refering
to a Python 1.5.2 version I doubt that this information might be outdated.
Anyway - I do not understand this:

     Creating your own Zope logger is easy.  Simply define a logger class
     with the following interface:

I really can't imagine that I'm the only one who wants /var/log/zope/error.log
without any intervention and so I hope there is a way which is "even more easy" than
described above. ;-)

Kind regards

        Andreas.